Hello and thank you for your interest
in advertising on TourAbsurd!
Here is a little information on the site:
- Travel, photos, humor, and inspiration are the theme; "Traveling with a light heart"* is the tagline.
- The site has a Google PR4, is listed on Alltop.com and expat-blog.com, and was mentioned on Frommers.com.
- Readers are primarily 25-44 year old females.
- Top 10 countries where readers reside are US , Canada, UK, Ireland, Italy, Australia, India, Germ any, Spain, and France.
- My not-so-stealthy mission is to get people to laugh enough to realize that people around the world are good! And then, after realizing there is very little to fear, inspire them to travel.
*"Traveling" isn't a typo, it's just a variation in American English.
There are several types of advertising options available including sponsored posts, text link ads, and banner placement. In addition to being listed on the main site, your advertisement can also be featured on our recently launched companion site, AbsurdReviews.com at no additional cost for the first year. Pricing guidelines follow. Read on for more information!
Blog / Press Trips:
Along with banner and text link advertising, I am available for:
- Blog and press trips worldwide, particularly those that focus on culture, history, archaeology, nature, eco-travel, and wildlife conservation.
- Hosted stays: luxury or budget hotel, camping, traveling (e.g., sleeper cars on trains), and other accommodations.
- Product reviews including transport; museum passes; social media, photography, and tech gadgets; and travel gear reviews.
At this time, outside material from commercial sources is not accepted. However, there is an option to sponsor an existing or future post, and have a short blurb and name/link to the company included at the end (sponsorship must be disclosed per FTC guidelines). See http://www.tourabsurd.com/beautiful-activities-tenerife/ for an example. Contact me for a list of upcoming post topics.
Text link ads:
Company name only or Contextual ad* links are available in 3 and 12 month increments, with a discount for longer commitments.
*Company name within a short phrase or sentence. For example, "If you travel to France and need a hotel, try French Hotels. Comfortable, affordable, and luxurious!"
They are available in multiple sizes. The banner will be located on the sidebar of the site which is visible from all posts and pages. Graphics must be in colors that are harmonious with the theme and cannot be animated. Some common sizes include, but are not limited to: 120×60 pixels, 125×125 pixels, and 300×100 pixels.
Note: Advertising for gambling, weight loss products, dating sites, pornography, or services that exploit animals are not accepted. All advertisements must be approved by me prior to being placed on the website.
If the focus and tone of the posts seems like a good match for you or your clients' demographics, please let me know so we can discuss the options.
You can reach me via the contact form below or send an email to [email protected].
Cheers and happy travels!
ps: I would much rather be contacted in a way that aligns with the strategy of Ogilvy Public Relations than in a way that would tempt me to send a link to The Bloggess's picture of Wil Wheaton collating. ;)